Lead, Systems Engineer (Advanced Concept Engineer) - Military Display Products
Alpharetta, GeorgiaJob ID SAS20210501-54707
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead, Systems Engineer (Advanced Concept Engineer) - Military Display Products
Job Code: SAS20210501-54707
Job Location: Alpharetta, GA
- Present clearly and concisely to customers and internal leadership
- Write technical responses to RFIs and RFPs
- Architect electronics solutions for military processors and displays
- Lead internal teams to develop best value, optimized solutions
- Develop technology roadmap and advocate for internal investment for strategic technology advancement
- Perform market, competitor, and capability analysis for strategic planning
- Develop and maintain customer relationships
- Act as primary technical point of contact for customers
- Represent primary voice of the customer to internal teams
- 10% Travel expected to support customer meetings as customer facilities open up to visitors (post COVID)
- 9+ years military avionics processor or display design experience
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, or equivalent field
- New business capture experience
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Team leadership experience
- MS in Engineering or equivalent field
- Experience with Open Source Architecture (OSA) systems
- Knowledge of electronic warfare (EW) technologies and techniques
- Knowledge of tactical communications technologies and techniques
- Experience developing product/technology roadmaps
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.