Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead FPGA Design Engineer
Alpharetta, GeorgiaJob ID SAS20211811-73042
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead FPGA Design Engineer
Job ID: SAS20211811-73042
Job Location: Alpharetta, GA
Ability to take ownership of and contribute to FPGA design projects, as well as lead small FPGA-development teams. Effectively communicates and collaborates with management, program and other business-unit stakeholders. Responsible for architecting, designing, developing, modifying, debugging, evaluating and integrating FPGA blocks for complex, high performance video hardware systems. Determines design approaches and parameters. Analyze FPGA requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints. Able to identify FPGA operational characteristics that may impact system performance and or sustainability. May also review vendor capability to support development.
- Generate FPGA level derived requirements from top-level down through the various functional blocks.
- Perform preliminary design at the functional block and FPGA level.
- Code and simulate at the functional block and FPGA level using VHDL.
- Familiar with TCL and other scripting languages such as PERL or Python.
- Generate FPGA IP using the Xilinx Vivado, Intel Quartus or similar tool suite.
- Ability to travel up to 10% (position is based in Alpharetta, GA, but the work may include support to development programs in remote locations including Palm Bay, FL.)
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience OR Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- 5+ years experience FPGA design processes including requirements generation, preliminary design, detailed design including code & simulation peer reviews, place & route, timing closure, test plan generation, and integration and test.
- 4+ years experience Xilinx 7 series, Ultrascale or Ultrascale+ family FPGAs.
- 4+ years experience with VHDL code (ability to create test benches)
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Active Secret Clearance
- 4+ years experience with Xilinx Vivado, Intel Quartus or similar tool suite.
- 4+ years experience with Modelsim.
- FPGA design and implementation with a variety of video protocols and functions, such as HDSDI, ARINC818, HDMI, BT656, DVI, LVDS, deinterlacing, chroma resampling, overlay/blending.
- Familiar with DO-254
- Experience with version control tools, such as SVN
- Experience with low-rate protocols, such as SPI, I2C, RS-232
- Experience with high speed serial protocols, such as PCI Express Gen 2/3, 1/10/25 GbE, SRIO, Fibre Channel, XAUI
- Experience with high speed memory interfaces (DDR3/4).
- Experience with SOC (Zync 7xxx/UltraScale/UltraScale+)
- Experience in network protocols including UDP and IPV4/6.
- Experience integrating with HW/software and supporting the lab integration.
- Experience testing and qualification of the deliverable system.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform