Lead, Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) Engineer - Alpharetta
Alpharetta, GeorgiaJob ID SAS20212503-58699
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead, Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) Engineer
Job Code: SAS20212053-58699
Job Location: Alpharetta, GA
L3 Harris, Military Displays, Systems engineering group located in Alpharetta, GA is looking for a Lead, Systems Engineer to work on avionics development for various Military and Commercial platforms. The selected candidate will be involved with the design, development, and testing of various airborne products. The Systems Engineer will help with the initial product concept, and work with the customer on developing formal specifications and requirements. The candidate should have extensive experience working with the Hardware, Software and Mechanical disciplines and detailed familiarity with the development lifecycle of Airborne Avionics equipment. This position will entail collaboration and coordination with other departments to help manage the process from initial product design to final customer acceptance and transition to production. Position may involve 10% - 20% travel to customers and suppliers.
- Perform design and test activities to achieve EMI compliance
- Apply engineering principles to investigate, analyze, plan, design, test, and evaluate programs for Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3)
- Create an EMI Control Plan, Test Plan, Test Procedure, Test Report and other applicable documents
- Perform required pre-test setup and calibration measurements prior to testing
- Operate EMC test equipment, oscilloscope, and spectrum analyzer
- Direct EMI testing activities and participate in EMI related system and sub-system troubleshooting efforts
- Represent system engineering design artifacts at internal and external customer meetings and audits
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent, with 9 years of related experience
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Ability to work well in an Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment
- Ability to handle multiple task concurrently and with competing deadlines
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Comfortable in effectively interacting and communicating with Senior Engineering Management, Program Management, Business Development, and Finance
- Ability to get security clearance if required
- Experienced in behavioral modeling/simulation (e.g. UML modeling with use-cases and sequence diagrams), peer reviews, configuration and change management
- In depth understanding of Optical Characteristics of flight displays with the knowledge of functions of Glass Manufacturer OEM’s
- Understanding of ARP-4754A and ARP-4761 system and safety development process
- Experienced in creating Interface Definition Documents (IDD’s) and Interface Control Drawings (ICD’s)
- Experienced in generating Requirements Traceability Verification Matrix (RTVM) and Design Verification Testing (DVT) reports
- In depth working knowledge of engineering tools for requirements capture (DOORS, JAMA etc.)
- Familiar with high-level objectives of DO-254, DO-178B/C and DO-160 development processes.
- Working knowledge of the commercial and military communications protocols (RS-232, ARINC 429, MIL-STD-1553, ARINC 664 (AFDX) and ARINC 818 (Fiber)
- Proven ability to successfully plan Systems Engineering tasks for a project and meet schedule, cost, and performance goals during execution phase
- In depth familiarity with MIL certification processes and procedures
- Understanding of manufacturing build, test, quality, and customer acceptance review processes
- Proficiency with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project and Access)
- Familiar with MIL-STD-461, RTCA DO-160, or other established EMI/EMC test standards
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience and understanding of requirements capture, systems design, and decomposition methods
- In depth working knowledge of requirements decomposition, validation, and verification for highly complex airborne product developments
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.