Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr Spec, Spectral Scientist
Alexandria, VirginiaJob ID SAS20221502-77136
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Spectral Scientist
Job Code: SAS20221502-77136
Job Location: Alexandria, VA
Job Description: Seeking highly qualified and motivated Spectral Scientist to support an exciting classified Government program in the Washington, DC area. This position will perform analysis and interpretation of spectral mission data and conduct performance assessment with a focus on developing, implementing, and applying mission algorithms. This position will join an experienced team of L3Harris Geospatial software engineers and geospatial image scientists who provide innovative solutions to enhance our nation’s security.
- Lead data analysis to characterize sensor functionality and performance.
- Conduct data exploitation of geospatial data to solve characterization problems; including but not limited to data processing, data analysis, tool development, analytic support, report writing, and presentations.
- Characterize the performance of remote sensing systems and relate sensor characteristics to the performance of automated and manual detection, classification, and characterization of targets.
- Perform data analysis using temporal, spatial, and/or spectral processing of EO/IR data.
- Perform analysis and interpretation of hyperspectral mission data.
- Design, build, and implement complex algorithms to support missions, payloads, and instruments.
- Communicate mission level analysis results to internal and external customers.
- Work closely with program team and stakeholders to develop and demonstrate new capabilities to decision makers.
- Prepare and give presentations to peers, management, and customers.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Engage with customer(s) and demonstrate relationship-focused, process-driven results.
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 6 or more years related experience.
- Higher-level degrees a plus, i.e. Master’s degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience.
- Expertise writing code for data analysis with either MATLAB, ENVI/IDL, R, Python, or other similar software applications.
- A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Spectral phenomenology experience and understanding. Familiar with ENVI/IDL and FSTK.
- Effective presentation skills with experience presenting technical results to senior customers and technical reviewers.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a geographically diverse team.
- Experience in mission system, spacecraft systems, ground systems or payloads is highly preferred.
- Experience with EO/IR/Radar analysis, GIS, data analysis, signal processing, and algorithm development, is highly preferred.
- Experience in spectral analysis and image processing is highly preferred.
- Ability to rapidly prototype new algorithm results and visualization is highly desired.
- Client-facing presentation and problem-solving skills, adaptable to both technical and business audiences.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.