Business Development Lead
Alexandria, Virginia; Arlington, Virginia; Orlando, Florida; Cincinnati, Ohio; Mason, Ohio; Santa Rosa, California; Andrews AFB CDP, Maryland; Annapolis, MarylandJob ID IMS20211702-56771
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Business Development Lead
Job Code: IMS20211702-56771
Job Location: Santa Rosa CA, Mason OH, Washington DC area OR Orlando, FL OR Remote
Candidate must work onsite in 1 of the locations above. We offer a 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday off as well as a relocation package for those that qualify
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customer's mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
About L3Harris Technologies
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
L3Harris Wescam USA Division, is located in Santa Rosa, CA with additional sites in Orlando, Florida and Hilton Head North Carolina. Wescam USA Division is an established pioneer in military/defense imaging and targeting solutions. As a first-rank engineering and production company, the Business Development professional will be responsible for establishing strategic business development initiatives that drive business growth, focusing on EO and Multi phenomenology research and development efforts and technology maturation for next generation sensing capabilities in the Defense and Intelligence domains. Develops and manages positive ongoing relationships between the organization and customers in strategic markets by cultivating relationships with key technology stakeholders in Government and Industry. Identifies opportunities for new business or program expansion. Manages revenue goals. Works with programs and engineering to propose solutions and implement growth strategy. Includes coordination across L3Harris divisions. Provides regular updates to senior staff regarding strategic initiatives, pursuit plans, and opportunity status.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- In-depth knowledge of the advanced EO/IR Imaging marketplace, to include technical, performance and mission needs, and be able to communicate that knowledge at all levels within the organization. Reporting responsibilities include executive management, program management, engineering, and capture teams. Market areas of emphasis include EO/IR imaging, laser subsystems for targeting, illumination and range finding, Hyperspectral imaging, Infrared Search and Track (IRST), RADAR, LiDAR and other advanced EO/IR technologies.
- Establish relationships within prime contractor and government research and development communities. Maintain a high level of customer intimacy within these communities.
- Capture new research and development business in alignment with the division’s technical expertise and strategic roadmap.
- In-depth knowledge of the government procurement cycle.
- Significantly contribute to Sonoma’s annual strategic planning process, focusing on technical innovation and capability maturation.
- Assist with development of a detailed annual business development operating plan that provides the ROI for all the division’s IRAD and pursuits.
- Develop and maintain a robust opportunity pipeline in CRM.
- Coordinate, lead and/or support proposal activities.
- Regularly visit key division customers.
- Requires a minimum of 10 years of relevant business development experience, with at least 5 years of airborne imaging preferred.
- BS degree in a technical field, advanced degree preferred.
- In-depth understanding of DoD imaging missions: reconnaissance, surveillance, target acquisition, and threat detection.
- Direct familiarity and experience working with US military science and technology, acquisition, and operational agencies.
- Direct experience interacting with customers, assessing mission needs and deriving system requirements.
- Proven ability to win new research, development, test, and evaluation business.
- Demonstrated track record of capturing 6.2 and 6.3 funding.
- Ability to influence and effectively shape customer requirements within the following constituencies: government customer, prime contractor customer, and partners/suppliers.
- Working knowledge of the US Department of Defense procurement processes, Federal Acquisition Regulations (FARs), Foreign Military Sales/Funded (FMS/ FMF) and International Traffic and Arms Regulations (ITAR) is required.
- Forecasting, investment strategy, standard estimating and budgeting practices, capture planning and proposal development experience. Training in Miller – Heiman and Shipley processes preferred.
- Position is based in Santa Rosa, CA, or Dayton, OH (preferred), or Washington, DC area. Requires domestic travel (50%) travel.
- Candidate must be a U.S. citizen with ability to obtain a US security clearance.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role in Colorado is $94,000 - $175,500. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits including: health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.