Albuquerque, New Mexico; Waldorf, MarylandJob ID SAS20201011-52973
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Engineering Technician
Job Code: SAS20201011-52973
Job Location: Las Cruces, NM
L3Harris is currently searching for an Engineering Technician to be part of a highly motivated team. They provide 24/7 operational support for mission critical systems that contribute to our national security. The candidate will work closely with other OEMs in technical climate to monitor and maintain information systems.
Our intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) solutions serve a broad array of government, civil and commercial customers by enhancing information superiority, contributing to our national security and providing actionable data for the protection of property and human life. We specialize in high-reliability airborne and space-based remote sensing payloads that offer active and motion imaging and data processing, exploitation and dissemination. We also provide solutions that map and monitor the earth for a variety of commercial and governmental users.
- Monitor, operate, and maintain UNIX and Windows based applications
- Monitor V-Sphere virtual hosts
- Perform troubleshooting and anomaly resolution on site at a Tier 1 level
- Escalate issues to Tier 2 staff when needed and work with Tier 2 staff towards resolution of issues
- Monitor system status and network connectivity of UNIX and Windows systems
- Maintain daily logs of activity to ensure continuity of operations
- AA-AS degree or equivalent work experience with a minimum of 3 years’ experience supporting IT operations.
- Current TS/SCI security clearance
Preferred Additional Skills:
- 2 years’ experience with UNIX and Windows based operating systems
- 3 years’ experience with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks while faced with anomalies
- Experience with Solaris/RedHat Unix and Microsoft Windows Server platforms
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals
- DoD 8570 compliant, CompTIA Security+ certification
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.