OCONUS Aircraft Mechanic
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr Assoc Aircraft Maintenance (Aircraft Mechanic)
Job Location: OCONUS
Job Code: IMS20211201-54993
- The qualified applicant must have a minimum of three (3) years aircraft mechanic level experience. Strongly prefer recent King Air, C-12, B200, 1900, or 350 experience on civilian and military platforms including Pratt & Whitney PT6 turboprop experience.
- Current FAA A&P certificate required
- Must be able to work shifts as assigned and travel as part of a maintenance recovery team if required. CONUS and OCONUS deployment is required.
- Must be in good physical condition, and capable of completing/passing a required physical exam and CRC course prior to OCONUS deployment.
- Must be able to work in the established work/living environment, work shift schedules as assigned 7 days a week, 12 hours a day to support mission requirements.
- Experience in the use of common hand and special tools/testers as required for aircraft maintenance.
- Must have in-depth working knowledge of aircraft safety directives.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must have a current civilian driver's license, and be able to obtain and maintain a government flight line driver’s license.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an interim DOD secret government security clearance as a minimum prior to hire.
- Must have an in-depth knowledge (aircraft/vehicle movement and safety/hazards) of flight line operations.
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of using aircraft technical publications—read, interpret, follow and basic comprehension of schematic diagrams, drawings, and charts.
- Must have a working knowledge (input and extract data) of maintenance database technology.