Sr Spec, Subcontracts
Salt Lake City, UtahJob ID 524
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 50,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Subcontract Manager
Job Code: 524
Job Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
This position works a hybrid schedule with 1 days in office per week, in Salt Lake City, UT.
The Fast Reaction Subcontract Manager is an essential member of the L3Harris Product Development Team. The Fast Reaction Subcontract Manager is responsible for supporting critical development schedules through actively identifying sources of materials, actively managing the delivery to meet project deadlines, and ensuring receipt of items and management of payment. This function requires management of simple COTS procurements to complex procurement acquisitions that require Statements of Work across the lifecycle of the procurement. The procurement lifecycle includes requirements definition, generation of Statements of Work, generation of requests for proposals, proposal evaluations, source selections, negotiations and definitization and file documentation.
The Subcontract Manager plays a key role in ensuring compliance to internal and Government FAR/DFAR/DPAS/CPSR Procurement Regulations, change management, invoice approvals, dispute resolution and subcontract closeout.
The Subcontract Manager is the main point of contact between suppliers and program teams and provides all contractual direction.
- Quickly move required materials into the procurement process in support of quick turn IRAD and development projects
- Track the status of materials on order and ensure they are on track to deliver in support of key schedule need dates
- Manage supplier performance in the areas of technical scope, schedule, and cost and generate scorecards
- Navigate and apply FAR/DFARS regulations and internal procedures for compliance
- Support Small Business Initiatives and CPSR Compliance requirements
- Follow strategic direction set by program and functional leadership
- Supply market analysis, solicitations, fact-finding & source selection
- Manage and report purchase material status to leadership teams
- Negotiate material cost, schedule and Terms and Conditions
- Motivated self-starter well versed in the Purchasing and Subcontract Process Flow
- Experience executing and managing multiple contract types
- Able to communicate effectively with a wide array of professional levels and functions
- Demonstrated ability to manage subcontracts in support of government programs
- Advanced Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good organizational and detail-oriented skills
- Ability to work independently or as a team
- Coordinate with multi-function teams to generate Statements of Work as required
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance
In addition this individual will manage projects designed to improve organizational efficiency, motivate and improve professional skills required in our business environment. The position is expected to use a defined set of metrics to measure performance to ensure accountability and facilitate problem resolution.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience. In lieu of a degree, minimum of 10 years of prior related experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years recent experience as a Subcontract Manager (SCM) or Procurement Contracting Officer (PCO) in a DoD environment
- Defense Acquisition University (DAU or DAWIA) Supply Chain related certifications
- Knowledge and experience with LEAN principles
- Experience with DoD Purchasing Policies & Procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years recent experience as a Subcontract Manager (SCM) or Procurement Contracting Officer (PCO) in a DoD environment
- 5 years’ experience negotiating cost elements, price, schedule and terms & conditions
- 5 years’ experience with various DoD Program lifecycles. (development, production, post-production)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.