Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Systems Engineering Specialist
Anaheim, CaliforniaJob ID IMS20220802-76737
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Systems Engineer Specialist
Job ID: IMS20220802-76737
Job Location: Anaheim, CA
L3 Harris Technologies has an immediate opening for a Systems Engineer in Anaheim, CA. The ideal candidate for this position will be proficient in all aspects of the systems engineering process, will have direct and significant experience designing and testing complex systems, and will be comfortable coordinating teams of technical personnel.
- Serve as a Systems Engineer in the development, integration, fielding and operational support of various flight test instrumentation systems used to track and collect data from missile flights. Responsibilities will include:
- Perform systems engineering duties for multiple systems simultaneously
- Requirements analysis and management
- Generate performance and design specifications
- Perform system synthesis and develop system architectures
- Manage and coordinate system interfaces with other connected systems
- Evaluate of design changes to assess impact to interfaces
- Perform trade studies, root cause analysis and other technical investigations
- Contribute to and present during customer design reviews
- Perform system test activities including test planning, test conduct and test reporting
- Interface with the other engineering disciplines (e.g., mechanical, electrical, software) to insure proper coordination of the systems aspects of the project
- Perform Modeling and Simulation (M&S) development, performance analyses, and maintenance
- Support Digital Engineering and Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Must be able to travel (typically less than 30 days per year)
- Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. citizenship and ability to obtain a Secret clearance are required for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM)
- 4+ years of experience of applied design and Systems Engineering large and complex systems or 2+ yrs of exp with a MS Degree.
- Direct experience working with at least one of the following technologies: Underwater Acoustics, Telemetry, Communications, Optics, and/or Radar
- Experience with military standards including MIL-STD-461 and MIL-STD-810
- Experience interpreting drawings, schematics and cabling diagrams.
- Experience with DOORS requirements management software.
- Experience with Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Demonstrated leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with cybersecurity and Risk Management Framework is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.