Government Contracts Specialist
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Government Contracts Specialist
Job Code: IMS20202008-50040
Job Location: Greenville and Remote
This role requires the ability to be onsite in Greenville, TX 2 -3 times a week. Additional time can be spent in Rockwall, Plano, TX or remote.
Influences successful business outcomes in order to achieve key business and financial objectives for orders, revenue recognition, operating income and free cash flow for new and continuing programs. Provides business, contractual and risk mitigation strategy guidance. Analyzes new laws, regulations and contract trends for potential impact on business unit goals and objectives. Protects the interest of the company by understanding and interpreting contractual terms and conditions. Utilizes working knowledge of regulations including Uniform Commercial Code (UCC), the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), FAR supplements (e.g. DFARS) and other agency regulations. Analyzes significant and/or unique contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations and corporate policies and procedures. Manages the contractual review of solicitations, proposal development, contract change control process and overall contract administration. Establishes and maintains primary contractual interface with the customer. Maximizes cash through innovative contract formation and negotiation to achieve business objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of four (4) years of applicable experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered
- Position requires an active DoD Secret Security clearance and the ability to maintain said clearance, which requires U.S. Citizenship
- 2+ years of U.S. Government contracting experience
- Will prepare, negotiate and administer contracts of various types for a variety of customers
- Will ensure contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, customer specifications, FAR, DFARS and ITAR/EAR
- Will review RFPs, prepare proposals including engineering changes and perform associated negotiation and definitization activities
- Will perform risk assessment of proposal/contract terms and conditions, formulate and execute strategies to minimize potential risks to the business working with customers, management and program teams to resolve issues, secure approvals and ensure successful contract execution
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.